Hotels and guesthouses are modes and targeted at budget and mid-range travelers. Prices of double rooms range from 500 to 1800 Peso. All day electricity, air-conditioning and hot shower are a luxury. There are way more places to stay than you find in the internet. Best is to come and look for a place on the spot.
The best places to stay can be found in the beach but in high season they are fully booked. Beach location is the best not only for the proximity of the ocean and the beautiful views but also for the sea breeze that on hot, humid days can make all the difference.
There is a lot of hotels, guesthouses, guest compounds and homestay places around the whole village but only a few of them can be found and booked through the internet. You should not be discouraged if you do not see any available rooms on popular websites. However, finding accommodation in January and February may take some time or be difficult.
There are also many resorts and other accommodation options in the islands and beaches near Port Barton. The resorts located in the islands are more upscale but the accommodation in the nearby beaches will be very much within Port Barton price range. Most of these can be found and booked on-line.
There are a few things to know about accommodation in Port Barton.
- Most places quote the price for a double room. Single occupancy is not practiced so you still will have to pay a full price if you travel alone.
- It’s difficult to walk in and book a place for the next day. Owners give priority to the guests that already stay in their hotel and let them prolong the stay. Best you can do is to come to Port Barton in the morning and look for a place that was just made vacant.
- 80 percent of places do not offer hot water. Taking into account that cold shower is not such a bad thing in a 30-degree heat after a whole day in the beach, it should not be a problem. You can always ask for hot water in a pot and use it for your morning shower.
- Electricity is now available 24H but some hotels switch it off to keep down the room price and do not have to cover extortionate electricity bills.
- Roosters and dogs are common nuisance. You will not hear many roosters in the beach but barking stray dogs are commonplace there. Local people get up before 6 a.m. and go to sleep before 10 p.m. If you stay with Philippine family or in less touristy place you should expect loud music and cheers from kids getting ready to school at 6 in the morning. Bring ear silencers if your sleep is light.
- Port Barton Tourist Association sets up minimum low-season price for a double room. In 2018 it is 500 Peso. Be aware that if you negotiate lower price this is against the community rules but is is also worth mentioning that many owners are happy to let rooms for much less.